The SmartPlug is a revolutionary shore power system designed to replace the outdated and problematic twist-type design in use today. It’s intuitive to use and provides greater protection against loose connections and corrosion – the leading causes of shore power failure and fires.
Why is the SmartPlug the new industry standard? Because we’ve thought of EVERYTHING before designing this product. It’s safe, simple, and secure. The SmartPlug’s features and benefits include:
- Weatherproof: Water intrusion leads to corrosion, and corrosion leads to electrical arcing and overheating. SmartPlug’s three weatherproof seals eliminate the possibility of water and moisture intrusion, ensuring a safe and dry connection.
- Push straight-in sleeved design: One of the primary causes of electrical arcing in twist-type designs is the fact that the electrical pins bear any weight or tension in the cord, and eventually work themselves loose. The SmartPlug’s sleeve design means that the body of the plug bears that weight or tension, rather than the electrical pins, keeping those points of electrical contact secure.
- Multi-point locking system: SmartPlugs employ two locking side levers as well as two points of contact on the locking cap to ensure a rock solid connection. When not in use, the cap can be closed to form a weatherproof seal on the inlet.
- Ease of use: Simply push the plug straight in until the side levers ‘click’ and then snap the locking cap down on top to finish the job. Additionally, the unique shape of the plug ensures a straight-in connection that can only be plugged in one way. No more finding the offset pin in the dark and no twisting required!
- Easy installation: Simply remove the legacy twist-type round inlet from your *boat, connect the wiring to the SmartPlug inlet and reinstall using the same screw hole footprint. On the plug end, you simply cut off your old plug end and attach wires to the new SmartPlug.
Ready to purchase your SmartPlug? Find a local vendor here.
- Quality of materials: SmartPlug Systems uses only the finest materials available in the construction of its products. All external metals are Marine-Grade 316 Stainless Steel, the electrical pins are nickel-plated brass for maximum conductivity, and plastics are UV and heat resistant Valox 553U resins made right here in the USA.